Federal E‐Sign Act Disclosure and Consent
This disclosure provides important information required by the Electronic Signatures in Global and
National Commerce Act (“E‐Sign Act”) and applies to your consent to the electronic delivery of
documents, notices, and disclosures related to your account with Southern First Bank.
By proceeding forward and signing this document you are agreeing that you have reviewed the
following disclosure information and consent to transact business using electronic communications, to
receive notices and disclosures electronically, and to utilize electronic signatures in lieu of using paper
System Requirements to Access Information
To receive electronic documents, notices and disclosures related to your account, you must provide, at
your own expense, the following equipment and software:
- A personal computer or other device which can access the Internet.
- An Internet web browser which supports the HTTPS protocol, HTML, and cookies.
- Software which permits you to receive and access Portable Document Format or “pdf” files, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or similar.
- A valid e‐mail address on file with Southern First Bank and e‐mail software capable of interfacing with standard e‐mail protocols.
- Access to a printer with the ability to download information to create paper copies of any documents for your records.
Withdrawal of Consent to Receive Electronic Documents
You may withdraw your consent to receive electronic documents, notices, or disclosures at any time.
You may request and obtain paper copies of any document which has been delivered electronically, free
of charge. To withdraw your consent to receive electronic documents, or to request paper copies, please
contact us at (877) 679‐9646 or by mail at P.O. Box 17465, Greenville, SC 29606.
How to Update Your Records
To receive electronic documents, notices, or disclosures, you must provide us with a valid e‐mail
address. It is your responsibility to promptly notify us of any changes to your e‐mail address. You can
update your e‐mail address with us by contacting us at (877) 679‐9646, or by submitting your change to
us in writing by mail at P.O. Box 17465, Greenville, SC 29606.
This Federal E‐Sign Act Disclosure and Consent is governed by (i) the laws of the State of South Carolina
excluding any application of conflicts of laws, rules, or principles, and (ii) any applicable Federal law.