Remote Deposit Capture ("RDC") Security Guide
Refer to Commercial Online Banking Agreement for full terms and conditions.
General Security Reminders:
- Store checks in a secure/locked location on site.
- Destroy/shred checks after 91 days.
- Do not share login and password information.
- Maintain up-to-date anti-virus software.
- Protect against unauthorized access to the Scanner and the Remote Deposit Services, including unauthorized electronic or internet access to the programs.
- Notify Southern First immediately if you have any reason to believe security or confidentiality has been or may be breached.
- Training your employees on the technical and operational procedures related to RDC is critical to ensure effective and accurate RDC transmissions.
- RDC Services should be used for business purposes only.
- Batch transmissions can occur Monday – Friday, between 8:00 AM, EST and 6:00 PM, EST (excluding Federal Holidays).
- Check images should be reviewed prior to approving a batch to verify checks can be read clearly.
- Duplicate checks identified by the system should be reviewed prior to your approval of a batch.
- Chargeback notices will be delivered electronically through Business Online Banking; however, instructions from Southern First along with the substitute check (if applicable) will be sent via USPS. Do not re-deposit the original check if a chargeback occurs.
- Instructions on how to handle adjustments will be sent by letter through the USPS. Wait for instruction from Southern First before re-depositing the original check.
- Southern First may conduct on-site inspections to confirm adequate RDC processes are in place and meet the requirements outlined in the Commercial Online Banking Agreement.
- Contact your Client Officer or call Client Solutions at 866-314-5638 regarding:
- Connectivity Issues
- Temporary Limit Increases